30 FANCINE – PRESS ACCREDITATION
PRESS ACCREDITATION FORM - FANCINE2020
Before submitting this application please read these terms and conditions carefully. The submission of this application implies that you agree on these terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ACCREDITED
1) Submit this application before the deadline: November 6th, 2020.
2) Work for a media outlet.
3) If the person/company requesting the accreditation has been registered on previous editions, it’s essential we receive links to the coverage from those previous editions.
4) In the case of media outlets that have not been accredited in previous editions, samples of previous work must be provided. The relevance of these articles will be taken into consideration in order to accept the request (relation to the film industry, readerships, circulation, number of visits, or any other criteria that Fancine organization deems appropriate).
WHAT CAN YOU GET WITH YOUR ACCREDITATION?
1) During this 30th edition, due to the current health situation and the limitations to the maximum capacity in the cinema, there will be two types of press accreditations: in-person + online, or exclusively online.
2) The same media outlet will get a maximum of one in-person + online badge and another for online viewings.
3) The in-person + online badge allows the holder to attend the paying cine Albéniz screenings for free. In order to do so, the holder must fill out a form that will be sent out to those accredited to reserve their seats. The requests for these reservations of a given day must be made two days before, and with a maximum of three viewings per day. This system also includes the festival’s content available via Filmin.
4) The online badge allows the viewing of the films programed through the streaming service Filmin during the festival.
5) Accreditation does NOT allow attending any other activities that require payment and are held outside Cine Albéniz (concerts, shows, etc.) free of charge.
6) The accredited press will have the same treatment as the general public in all the other activities that are free of charge and have a limit on capacity. This includes the drive-in cinema screenings in the Teatinos Campus.
7) The badge is personal and non-transferable.
Accredited media will receive a notification via email informing them of the place and time of collection, which will begin on the 9th of November. People / media that have requested accreditation and have not received this email after November 7th should consider their application denied. Fancine organization will not discuss the terms of this decision.
Prior request: those willing to attend a physical screening on a certain day must request it two days before. For this purpose, there will be an online form available for the registered press.
Before each screening, the applicants will receive a QR code from Uniticket for each screening they are granted. Each code will allow them to access the screening in the Albéniz theatre, after their entrance is handled by the cinema staff.
Only one ticket can be requested for each film, with a maximum of three daily screenings, all of which must be requested at the same time. Any incident caused by this system will be resolved in the cinema with the Fancine staff.
As for the online section, the registered press can request access to all the films from the festival available via Filmin all at the same time. In order to do so, another online form will be available for those accredited starting on the beginning of the festival. Once they have been granted, all the codes will be sent to the applicants via email. The validity of the codes will expire the last day of the festival.
GATO RABIOSO FOR BEST FEATURE FILM AWARD
Accredited media are entitled to vote for the winner of the press’ ‘Gato Rabioso’ award for best feature, chosen among the competing films. The winning film will be the one with the most absolute votes. The vote will take place by filling an online form that the organization will send to the registered press during the last days of the festival, for those who wish to cast their vote. In case of a tie, the organization will appoint a member of the registered press to break the tie.